Recruitment open for new tenure-track position in migration studies
MIGNEX partner Danube University Krems is seeking an Assistant Professor in Quantitative Migration and Globalization Research
The objective of the Assistant Professorship is to develop a distinct personal research profile by means of a professorial thesis or equivalent qualification in order to meet the requirements for an Associate Professorship within six years. Applicants should excel in interdisciplinary and comparative research in the areas of international migration and globalisation.
Applicants are expected to hold a PhD degree (in any social scientific discipline) plus a minimum of two (2) years of postdoctoral research experience at a university or research institution in the area of "Migration Studies". Applicants have already demonstrated the potential to publish in reputable international journals.
The following selection criteria must be met:
- Excellence in interdisciplinary and comparative research in the areas of international migration and globalisation
- Strong publication record in the above fields (proven by a complete list of publications and submission of the doctoral thesis cum thesis assessment)
- Internationality of research (proven e.g. by research visits at foreign research institutions; presentation and publication activities in English and/or collaboration in international research groups)
- Excellent knowledge and experience in the application of quantitative research methods
- Experience in raising third-party funding at national and/or international level
Evidence of the following scientific expertise is desirable:
- Experience in teaching at the graduate and/or postgraduate level in areas relating to migration
- Engagement in the national and international scientific community
- Experience in developing and setting up collaborative research projects with national and international partners from science, public administration and the private sector.
How to apply
This Assistant Professorship will be remunerated with a monthly gross salary of EUR 3,300 (on a 38.5 hours/week basis).
Applications should be submitted to the Human Resources department of Danube University Krems (email@example.com) by 2 December 2019.
For a full job description, please download the full job description below.