MIGNEX seeks partner for household survey in Tunisia
DEADLINE EXTENDED: We are looking for an experienced locally based organization in Tunisia to conduct the household survey of 1000 respondents in 2 research areas. The deadline for proposal submission has been extended to 22 January 2021. For more information, download the TOR in French or English in the link below under 'Download this news'.
Tunisia is one of the ten countries where MIGNEX will collect data. We are looking for an experienced locally based organization to conduct the household survey.
Data collection in Tunisia is coordinated by the ODI and will include a survey of 1,000 individuals (500 per research area). We invite expressions of interest from organizations or companies with experience in carrying out surveys in Tunisia.
The MIGNEX survey covers issues related to development and migration, including migration history, aspirations, livelihoods and access to and satisfaction with education, health and social protection. It covers the general population of young adults (aged 18–39). The survey interviews will be carried out with tablet computers, in Arabic, and are expected to take thirty minutes to one hour.
In Tunisia, the survey will cover 500 respondents in Enfidha and 500 respondents in Al-Rudayyif. The survey training will be run in spring 2021, with a date to be decided depending on the COVID-19 situation in Tunisia.
The work includes the following components:
- Organizing 5-7 days enumerator training, with inputs from ODI
- Taking responsibility for all logistical and administrative aspects of data collection
- Conducting a survey of 500 respondents in each of the three research areas
- Supervising interviewers and carrying out quality control during data collection, as well as ongoing data monitoring
- Writing a survey execution report upon the completion of the survey.
If you are interested in learning more about the survey, and in potentially submitting a full proposal, please send an Expression of Interest to Dr Jessica Hagen-Zanker by email (firstname.lastname@example.org), who will then send you the full Terms of Reference if you are eligible.
The Expression of Interest should include:
- Name and contact details of team leader
- Description of experience in running a household survey, including names of surveys, sample sizes, locations and dates
- Description of experience in the migration and development fields
Full proposals are due on the 22 January 2021. Applicants will be notified by the 1 February 2021 if they have been shortlisted. They will then be invited to participate in a video-call.
For more information, download the TOR in French or English (also available using the link below under 'Download this news').